Friday, January 1, 2010

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW DECADE!

This is my very first 'blog' - now I thought long and hard about what I was going to put here....

Would it be an introduction? Would I post a 'history'? And realistically I would not have enough hard drive or time to even answer those two questions! SO, with that said I am going to start from today - and why not? JANUARY 1st, 2010 - what a GREAT DAY to do that! Although as I go - I am sure you will get to know me and my family... and to the ones that know 'us' already - you can help me introduce the world to the NESPOLONS!

My very first topic is going to be about the famous.....

NEW YEARS EVE!




2010 - the end of a decade - the beginning of a new one and I realized the other day when we were talking about 'remembering a decade' that this was officially my SECOND decade that I will remember - OUCH! But with that said I am in my third decade and I am more confident/happy then I have ever been!

Last night was a new tradition - NO ALCOHOL on New Year's Eve?!!! WHAT??!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard but I will let you know that it was probably the most memorable one that I have ever had!

We decided to bundle up and brave the cold, down to the center of Edmonton, Alberta! WHAT! Ok - so I guess I forget that -26 is really cold but until this strange women on the bus told me it was -40 with the wind chill, I realize what I had done!

We started our night, not on the greatest foot - arguing - now Shane and I have been married for 12 years and yes - CONGRATS - thanks! But we did not 'plan' out where to leave our car - so that we could take the bus - so it would be 'easier' - right?! Finally after a few key strokes on the computer - we did find West ED Mall - lol - not that it's not HUGE! But we figured it out - and we were on our way! A quick walk across the parking lot and we were now on the friendly bus!


SO - out came the camera - lol - yes picture it, camera and bus! First words out of Shane`s mouth is `we are going to be mugged` but it didn`t differ me! And out came the photos - had to capture the moment! 40 minutes later we were downtown Edmonton!

                                 

With an hour to go.... we decided to start looking around. Who am I kidding we were looking for shelter - that was nuts! Anywho.... inside the City Center (a new mall we found - dangerous!), they had live music, hot chocolate and did I mention it was inside...


Almost too warm now, we decided to follow our journey to City Hall Square! From live music, outdoor skating, firepits and kettle corn - really what could be better? SHINY THINGS!!!! Some smart person decided to put up a tent - bring a heater and sell light savers!!! OH YES and flashing bunny ears!!!! And of course we NEEDED THEM!!! Our night continued on with adventure throughout the city hall, enjoying live music and each other! It`s amazing how we can forget how import it is just to take the time and `smell the roses` or feel your snot freeze! Either way the night was full of amazing moments!!!

Then as the clock struck twelve we surrounded ourselves with 400 of our closest friends - well that is what I like to think - believe me we used their `heat`to keep us warm! Edmonton put on an amazing show of fireworks, and with 3D classes - who could of asked for more?????

10... 9... 8... 7.... What am I going to do this year? Who am I going to be? 6... 5... 4... 3... How am I going to help the people around me? 2.. 1!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!


                                     
OHHHHH!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! WOW!!!!!

10 minutes of Fireworks, Crazy people - New Years Eve - Now to FIND THE BUS!!!! Of course I decide that we should go .. right and all 5 of those buses are `out of service`- FANTASTIC! Yes I can say it - I was wrong! (starting the new year off right!) SO - a quick two block walk back and then there he is the man of my dreams - the bus driver! (sorry Shane - he was at that moment)

Back on the bus - YAHOOO!!! Now a quick hour bus ride home (anyone who is paying attention - yes another 20 minutes - it`s midnight on New Years - I have never seen so many police officers with lights on!)

WHAT A NIGHT! My three favorite boys - 3 hours of nothing but them and I remember absolutely everything! HA! It is going to be an amazing DECADE! :o)

                 

Mel... over and OUT! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel - thanks for popping over to my site and following - good to meet you.

    It sounds as though New Year's Eve set you off on the right foot for 2010, especially with a blog going and lots of buzzy things going to happen this year!

    Go well and see you around - Edmonton looked mighty cold, but your firework picture was amazing - well done.

    Here's to you and 2010 -
    Hilary Melton-Butcher
    Positive Letters Inspirational Stories

    ReplyDelete