Sunday, January 17, 2010

REALITY CHECK!!!

SO - I haven't posted a lot - or at all I should say because my newest obsession with blogging is looking at other people's blogs. This is even better than facebook - LOL!!! I can creep on all of these people pages. Now that I have admitted my addiction - 1st step is admitting - I can tell you about my reality CHECK!

If you have ever had a chance to just browse blogs - you will notice - that all of them are about families - fun and cute. Some fantastic creative minds out there - how they went to the fair or what Santa brought them at xmas! I was flying through some pages and one stopped me - it had "healing" in the title and I stopped cold. Healing? AND to my mistake - decided to start reading - really Melissa - this is suppose to be your release - not to gain more stress??!!!

I continuted on to find out that this fantastic couple had gone through their entire pregnancy to lose their baby the day after she was born. I won't go into details or names but it really made me STOP - reality CHECK! I sat here this morning making lists - grumbbling about what wasn't done - not really knowing where to start.... but then I realized as Trav was making breakfast for me - YES ME - that we need to sometimes just stop and 'smell the flowers'!

YES it does suck that I am working 7 days a week right now - and that my laundry room looks like a bomb went off - dishes are finally done after a week of collecting, god knows what - and I feel like I have been ran over by a MACK TRUCK. BUT REALLY - let's look at the other side of the road - I have a job - we have a house - everyone is healthy and happy in my house - we have food to eat to make those dirty dishes and really......  we are luck to have EACH OTHER!

So - today - my game plan is....

1. Do what I can - be happy with it!
2. Love my family and friends - more than ever!
3. Be thankful for lists that I am ABLE TO MAKE!!

My suggestion is that we should all take a moment - and have a REALITY CHECK!

Mel :o) - Over and OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment